MAGNETIC PARTICLE TESTING (MPT) LEVEL-I
Training course objective:
To provide a basic Knowledge of MT to enable a participant to carry out tests according to a established procedure under supervision of a level II or III personnel. The course is especially designed to provide a sound theoretical knowledge and practical skill for MT required for a level I technician.
MT Level I Course outline
- Basic of Magnetism
- Magnetisation Techniques
- Inspection Mediums
- Inspection Techniques
- Indication Classification
- Test Equipments and Accessories
- Types of Discontinuities
MT Level I Practical Training
Yokes, Prods, Headshot, Central Conductor, Coil Techniques, Using dry, wet ordinary and wet fluorescent powders, Demagnetisation.
MAGNETIC PARTICLE TESTING (MPT) LEVEL-II
Training course objectives
The course is intended to provide detailed instruction in theory and practice such that the personnel shall be able to
- Identify suitability of MT for material and inspection procedure.
- Develop inspection techniques and procedure that shall be followed by level I operator.
- Analyse the test results.
MT Level II Course outline
- Review of Level-I course
- Selection of Techniques
- Codes, standards and Procedures
- Acceptance Standards
- Manufacturing Process and Discontinuities
- Interpretation of Indications
- Preservation of Indications
- Evaluation of Test Equipment
MT Level II Practical Training
Same as Level-I + Interpretation, evaluation and recording of test results.